Saturday, April 4, 2009

UNION TROUBLE!

Hi Everyone,I would like to state for the record and to reiterate Bruce's statement below that he has never asked me to or so much as suggested that I post his flyer's anywhere. Bruce does not have any control over what people say. I have, however, been handing out buttons and handouts and will continue to do so until I either run out or the District notifies Bruce and he notifies me to stop.Thanking you, I amEllen Fox

Bruce Hansen wrote:

I would like to let you know, I am glad that you are informing me of my stuff being posted. However, I would also like to let you know that I have had conversations with TriMet ASM at Merlo pertaining the concerns of postings at the properties. Per our agreement anything posted prior to May 1st maybe removed by them at anytime. However, Buttons, and handouts can still be handed out per guidelines. If the district has a problem I'm sure they will contact me directly. I have also spoke with Jeff Hunt when he raised a concern in late February when people started to post my flyers and told him that I did not have a problem with them being removed by the managers. I would also like to point out to you that I am personally not posting any flyers and I have not asked anyone to post anything for me. So, in fact I am following the guidelines that the properties sent out. Thank you Bruce


From: xday@comcast.netTo: atu757election@gmail.comCC: bruceh_merlo@hotmail.comSubject: RE: ATU 757 Election InfoDate: Sun, 29 Mar 2009

Bruce Hansen is not following TriMet guidelines for postings. Please log that Saturday 03/28/09 his flyers had been posted at Center Street Garage in a few locations. One flyer was next to the station agent window and another was posted next to the union board. Ellen Fox was at Center Street Garage handing out buttons to drivers promoting Voting Bruce Hansen for ATU president.

From: atu 757 [mailto:atu757election@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:50 PMTo: atu 757Subject: ATU 757 Election Info

Please be advised that some employers have responded to the Union's letters and provided rules in many instances. You can access those rules through the www.atu757.org website--hit the "election" button. It appears that none object to the Union's request that campaigning be allowed to begin early on May 1, 2009.

A word of caution. The Election Committee does not enforce employer rules. That is up to the employer. It does, however, notify the employer when members complain about rule violations.

What you need to realize is that if an employer allows one candidate to break its rules, it must allow all candidates to break its rules. If only one candidate is allowed to break the rules and that candidate wins the election, then the losing candidate can file a complaint of employer favoritism and overturn the election. So...in addition to keeping the employer's good will towards our democratic processes, compliance will also protect you from have your win overturned further down the road.

Thanks!

No comments: